An evening at the zoo
Zebras happily munch on fresh hay in the evening sunshine, while nearby a tiger yawns widely. The gibbon family sing a final chorus before withdrawing for the night. Zoo and Tierpark guests do not normally get to witness these after-hours scenes, but that’s about to change in summer 2020! The current situation with the coronavirus means that only a limited number of guests can visit the parks each day. But because demand is high, Zoo and Tierpark Berlin will also be opening their gates to visitors on eight evenings this summer.
On Thursdays and Fridays from 25 June to 17 July 2020, visitors will be able to roam around the popular parks from 5 to 9 p.m., as the setting sun bathes the city in a golden glow. The restaurants will open their terraces, and the evening stroll will be accompanied by outdoor music in various locations. “The evening mood at Zoo and Tierpark is quite magical,” says Zoo and Tierpark Director Dr Andreas Knieriem. “I am delighted that we are now able to offer even more Berliners time out of their often hectic daily lives.” Tickets are strictly limited and must be purchased in advance online. As with the regular opening hours, annual pass holders must also book their evening slot online.
Information at a glance:
- Dates: 25 and 26 June, and 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17 July 2020
- Time: 5 to 9 p.m. (last admission at 7 p.m.)
- Admission: Zoo, Lion Gate entrance only; Tierpark, Bärenschaufenster entrance only
- Restaurants: Zoo Restaurant; Strandkieker beach bar by the Tierpark’s water play area
- Tickets: Online in advance only, at www.zoo-berlin.de/tickets and www.tierpark-berlin.de/tickets (annual pass holders must also reserve a slot via these links)
- Note: Panda papa Jiao Qing will be on view as usual. However, the panda twins Pit and Paule spend the evenings indoors, dreaming about their exciting day.